Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Waiting...

Over the past 4 weeks we have been overwhelmed by the love and support from friends and family everywhere! We are experiencing the peace of God in ways we had not before, and we are learning to trust Him with every day that passes. We are so thankful for the emails, letters, cards, phone calls, and everything you all have done to assure us that you are there to help hold us up through this time of unknowing. The prayers that have been lifted on behalf of Audrey and us have encouraged us over and over. There were days we did not feel like dealing with what was going on, and then a lot of days where we have been able to enjoy the blessings God has given us in spite of the hurt and questions we are also experiencing.

I have asked God "why" but i have also accepted that He knows what is best for me, and for our family, and that He will never do anything aside from what is best for us. If the Lord is trusting me with this, then I hope I am worthy of the task! He promises that there is no testing in my life that I cannot handle with His help. I think back over the past 8-10 years and the things I experienced. But never did I think those things would not even compare with the news we would learn about our precious baby.

In January, I heard a song and the only line I could remember from it was "Silence doesn't mean that God's not there, I'm resting in the peace that only comes in the waiting." I like the way God gives us promises to hold on to when the trials come. So during this waiting time I am trying to lean on Jesus and the promises I know to be true. My desire is for us to be blessed with Audrey being a part of our family for years to come, and if that means a healthy Down Syndrome baby then we are just as excited about having her! But more than that my desire is to please God with my life and my testimony. So I will delight myself in Him, and He promises to give me the desires of my heart. Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment