Thursday, April 29, 2010

God can beat any statistic!





We've been reminiscing with pictures of Ella from almost 4 years ago so I thought I would share some.

Chad and I really liked this phrase (the title) that someone in our church used this past Sunday. It was a good reminder to us, as well as what I have been reading in a book that was given to us. April 20 was the date of our last doctor's appointment, and later that day I flipped to the devotion for that day in a book I have been reading and was glad I did. The thoughts for that day were what I needed at the moment. I am thankful for the way God gives us just what we need for each day, and is willing to shower us with grace and strength if we are humble enough to ask for it

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Hear Me saying Peace, be still to your restless heart. No matter what happens, I will never leave you or forsake you. Let this assurance soak into your mind and heart, until you overflow with Joy. Though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, you need not fear!" -Jesus Calling

We are so thankful for the prayers that are being poured out for us, and it is evident especially on those days when our faith is small. But like we heard last night in Bible Study, it really is a sweet thing to look back on the times of testing because those are the times when we see the Lord the most. I hope my trust in the Lord will give me that sweetness when I look back on these short few months, that right now seem like an eternity!
Our next appointment is on May 11, 2010 for an ultrasound at Stonecrest Medical Center. On May 18, 2010, we will go to Vanderbilt for a fetal echocardiogram, and on June 2, 2010 for an ultrasound and genetics consult. We are thankful for the number of people that remember us on these days.

Standing on the Promises:
Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

3 comments:

  1. Praying, praying, praying!!

    Romans 8:18 is one of my favorite verses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the sweet baby pics of Ella!!! Hard to believe they're so tiny one minute then the next minute they're almost four years old!

    As always, praying for Audrey and for you and Chad as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your prayers! Yes, it is hard to believe how "grown up" she is sometimes. It makes me careful not to wish any of it away, even the not-so-fun phases.

    ReplyDelete