Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thank you is not enough


I don't know how to express how much we appreciate everything that has been done for us this past week as well as the past 2 months that you all have been praying for our sweet Audrey. Your prayers along with the Grace of God continues to amaze us, and we trust that is what will keep us in the weeks, months, and years to come.

Please remember not to take any day for granted, don't let a day go by without kissing and hugging you precious children or telling your loved ones how much they mean to you. And above all, take every opportunity you can find to share Christ with those God puts in your path. We all have a story, and God gives each of us what we can handle and allows our story to be used for His perfect plan.

I will be continuing to blog and use our story as a ministry to others who may have walked, or will one day walk a similar path as we have. The only think I ask is that you do not send my story to someone who does not know the outcome of their story yet. I said to many people over the past 2 months that I do not know how I will ever get through if this was how my story would unfold, but then I realized that God does not give me the grace I need until the very time I need it. And when it came to the time where we found we did have to go through this, God's grace and peace were there each step of the way, and I know it will be there for as long as I am on this Earth.

Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

With Love,
Chad, Rebecca & Ella

6 comments:

  1. I am praising God for your amazing testimony to His greatness. Even though we may not like what He gives us, we can rest assured knowing that God's ways and will are always perfect and for our good. My prayer is that even though you may not ever know all that the Lord has purposed for your pain, continue to hold onto Christ and the hope you have in Him. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. God desires for us to know Him and not the answers. We know that it pleased God to bruise His Son and it was because of the great purpose behind it. I love you, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Becca. I am both rejoicing for you and sorrowing with you. I can see Jesus all over in your story and in you. Please know that I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. You have been such a testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Tara Chapman's Cousin - she posted a link to this blog and I have been following it - thank you so much for you testimony - I have prayed for you and your family has been heavy on my heart since I found out!!!! Thank you for glorifying our LORD through all this!!! I will continue to pray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rebecca, I was connected to your blog and Audrey's story through a "friend of a friend," Rebekah Cross. Our daughter, Keren, had T18. We were blessed to have her in our lives for almost 6 1/2 years (it's been just over a year since she made her "heaven debut").

    Keren has two younger sisters (and a brother who was born six months after she died), who loved her dearly. One of the neatest things God did for our family was in giving us a way to help our little girls, and also us, fathom what this "loss" meant. We had been regularly reading "The Jesus Storybook Bible," by Sally Lloyd-Jones, and one of the themes in it is that Jesus is preparing our forever-home for us in heaven, and when it's ready, he'll call us there. Our girls could grasp that truth, that Keren's house was ready, and someday we'll see her again, but we can't go till our houses are ready. I'm praying that you have some way for Ella to be able to grasp this mixture of grief and hope....

    ~Loren Warnemuende
    http://lorenwarn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca, So sorry to read about your story. I knew you were pregnant, just can't believe something like this would happen. I had a miscarriage about a month ago, I was 7 weeks. It was very hard but like you say God has a plan. You are so strong, and I hope you can remain this way especially for your beautiful daughter. And don't give up hope. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're planning to continue your blog and I look forward to seeing how God uses you in ministry! Beauty from ashes...

    ReplyDelete