Thursday, June 3, 2010

Normal ... what is that???

Well we are back home and everyone else is gone so it is time to pick up the pieces and return to whatever normal is now. It will never be like it was, I do realize that, but I also know we can find times of happiness even now amidst our sadness and missing our sweet girl who would would have been a month old in just a few days. I have had many moments of anger and wanting to understand something that I probably never will while I am on this Earth. And that is where the child-like faith needs to come back in. To just accept what God has shown to be His will, and learn more and more about trusting Him. Trusting JESUS, that is ALL!!! And I never realized how hard that could be.

And I am reminded again that God gives us no more than we can handle, and promises to be with us every step of the way. I read on a Angie Smith's blog yesterday about a couple who live in Nashville who have gone through a similar situation, yet more that we have even had to deal with. It doesn't take away our pain or make it easier, but helps me remember that I can still minister to others. You can go to Angie's blog to read the whole story in the May 27 post at http://www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com/.

Michael and Holly have gone through burying their first two babies in just 9 months, and their second was just a couple of weeks ago. And on top of the grief and heartache they are going through, they are also dealing with financial burdens because Michael was injured on the job and is currently out of work.

First of all, please pray for this couple. I can tell you that is what they need the most and the peace that comes from the Lord and from being upheld in prayer is impossible to explain. But also, if you feel so led, please go to Angie's blog where you can get their mailing address as well as email address and just send them a note of encouragement. It is one thing to believe people are praying, but to hear it from them is so reassuring and is one thing that has helped keep me focused, and I hope it is the same for them. We have been so blessed with worldly goods that it is hard to hear a story like that and not help out in some way. If you can pray, then please commit to doing that. And if God has let you be in a situation where you can help them financially, then I believe God would honor that as well.

As I end this for tonight, I wanted to share some words to a song by Phillips, Craig & Dean that have been on my mind a lot this week. It has helped me remember WHO this is all about.

I feel quite sure if I did my best, I could maybe impress you,
With tender words, and harmony, a clever rhyme or two.
But if all I've done in the time we've shared, is turn your eyes on me,
Then I've failed in what I've been called to do, there's Someone else I want you to see.

Will you love Jesus more, when we go our different ways?
When this moment is a memory, will you remember His face?
Will you look back and realize, you've sensed His love more than you did before?
I pray for nothing less, than for you to love Jesus more.

I'd like to keep these memories, in frames of gold and silver,
And reminisce a year from now, about the times we shared.
But above all else I hope you will come, to know the Father's will,
And when we see the Lord face to face, we'll hear Him say "Well done."

Will you love Jesus more?


Love,
Becca

I will soon post about our Disney trip. It was a great time, especially for Ella!

1 comment:

  1. I love Phillips, Craig and Dean. Their songs have such awesome words. When Kraig used to sing in church a lot, he'd often choose one of their songs. What a fitting one for you to post...so, so true of what I want my life to be!

    ReplyDelete