Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pray for Jackie and baby Jerry

Your prayer is needed the most!


Jackie will be going to Vanderbilt to deliver baby Jerry by C-section on Tuesday morning at 11:30.  Jerry is not expected to live more than a few minutes.  It is such a hard situation when the medical field has told you news like this, because you have to grasp reality while holding onto the power and abilities of our God.  We would love to see this little guy defeat the odds, but it does not look like that will be the case.

Despite advice to abort her pregnancy because she is so young, or deliver him naturally which would probably cause him to die during birth, Jackie has decided to give her son a chance and have the honor of
spending even just a few minutes with him.  I admire her for this decision to have him by C-section and also face such a struggle.  They are also facing financial strain as they are making funeral arrangements and dealing with hospital costs.

Please keep this family in your prayers this week, and let me know if you can help in any way.  They do not have any arrangements for meals, so if you are willing to help in that way please let me know.  I would like to provide them with dinner on June 28, 29 and 30, 2010.  Let me know if you are interested, and I would even be glad to deliver it myself or go along with you.  Another thing you can do is to send Jackie a card or note letting her know you are praying for her.  We never know what kind of mark these simple things will leave on a life.  It may only seem like planting seeds, but that is how the fruit grows!

Her address:
Jackie Wright
3491 Hardwood Dr.
Murfreesboro, TN  37129

Thank you, I was so proud to tell Jackie's mother (Laura) that I have people who read my blog who I know will be praying for them.

It is an honor for me to have friends like you all!

Love,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. Praying for Jackie and Jerry, and would love to take a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Jackie and Jerry. I wish I lived closer so that I could cook them a meal, however I will send them something instead. Thanks for posting this and please keep up informed on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete