Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Are You Ready to Quit?

Let’s talk Contentment


Ps 23
I Shall Not Want.  In other words, “That’s all I want.”

Am I letting myself think more about what I don’t have than what I do have? Mainly Jesus?  I need nothing else. 
Yet I continually find myself being discontent.  Not even about material things.  It may even be “justified discontentment” if there is such a thing.  What I mean is, what I long for is the life God also longs for me to have, but for some reason God is allowing it to be different.  But I know in God’s Word that I am to choose contentment….

Philippians 4:11 “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.”
I had been about ten years since the Philippian church had been able to help Paul financially, even though their desire was to help him more.  Yet in the midst of his need Paul chose to be satisfied, self-sufficient.

God knows what I need.  He knew I needed it before I realized it. 
But am I satisfied?  Sometimes not.


How about our material needs and desires?

2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.”
God will supply them to us too! And He will lavish them on us if we first give without holding back.

1 Timothy 6:6 “Now godliness with contentment is great gain.”
What could you and I gain if we choose to be content in the Lord?
Imagine the possibilities.

Love,
 Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment