Monday, August 23, 2010

Grace

Many of you may not know that after my C-section in May I ended up with a nasty DVT in my left leg (blood clot in the main artery of my leg). I was put on blood thinners and told it should be back to normal in about 3 months.  About two weeks ago I had another ultrasound and found out that it is not going away and was sent to see a surgeon.

Today I saw the surgeon and found out for sure that the vein is permanently damaged so I will have issues with it for the rest of my life.  Perhaps a clot that will not completely dissolve.  It will swell when I am exercising or on my feet more, and will cause risks with future surgeries or medications.

I often ask "Why?"
I don't know if I will ever get an answer to my hundreds of "Whys" but I do know the One who has the answers, and I also know He still has a plan for me.

The best consolation I can come up with today is,
The more God gives me to deal with, the more of His Amazing Grace I will have the privilege of experiencing!

...Another tough pill to swallow.

Thank you all for your prayers.
Love,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Becca, I am so sorry to read this. Of course God can do anything and can still heal you if He so chooses, but I realize it is so hard to understand why He has allowed this at all. I will be praying for you and am encouraged by your faith in Him. One day at a time...

    Luv luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, I'm sorry too, just because the doctors say it may not heal does not mean God can't do it anyway :) but you know that already, you are an encouragement with your post, love ya and still continue to pray for you :)

    ReplyDelete