- Put 3 or 4 tablets of vitamin C in a bowl of water and dissolve. Cut peaches in half, remove seed and peel. Place in the bowl of water to prevent fruit from turning brown.
- Mix 3 cups of water and 1/2 cup of sugar, heat in microwave until hot and sugar has dissolved.
- The light syrup recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar to 3 cups of water, but I even cut it in half and it has always been plenty sweet for us. Medium is 1c sugar to 2c water, Heavy is equal parts water and sugar.
- When you have enough peaches to fill a jar, place them cut side down in the jar, and then pour syrup over peaches to 1/4 inch from the top of the jar.
- Place lids in boiling water for 3 minutes, then screw them on jars and place in canner.
- Pressure can for 8 minutes at 5 pounds of pressure, or Hot Water Bath for 25 minutes.
- Remove from canner and let cool completely. Do not pick up or touch jars for 24 hours
Has anyone had this happen to their lids? They pushed out so much that there is a dent in the top. I think they still sealed, but I am wondering if there was a way to prevent this.
psst: Leave a comment here and I will put a 3rd entry into the jalapeño relish drawing! ;-)