Monday, September 27, 2010

Going Through the Motions

Please bear with me, I do plan to get back to what I wanted to do with this blog, and I hope to get involved somewhere where we can be used to minister to people who have gone through loss.  I do not want to overlook the heartache and grief of loss, it is already overlooked too much.

However, lately I have been going through the motions and things have been going OK most days.  I apologize for not getting on here and writing as much but I will get back to it.  Please continue to send me your prayer requests and be assured that I am still praying for you.

I have been studying more about HOPE and was encouraged by what I studied this morning.  It was about Anger.  Have you ever dealt with that?  ...oh that's right, we all have!  How about righteous anger?  I know I have, and we tend to pass it off as it being justified.  After all, we are to hate anything that goes against what pleases God, right?  Mark 3:5

But how about our motive?   Ephesians 4:26 says anger that is unselfish and based on the love of God is righteous.  BUT, it should not be allowed to fester, even righteous anger can turn to bitterness.  I will be honest, most of the time the reason things make me angry is because of how they make me feel.  I am not usually as concerned with how deeply they hurt God.

Don't let your anger be based on feelings, and do not let it stick around or "go down on thy wrath."  None of us want to become bitter.  That is why I have worked so hard at accepting what the Lord has brought into my life.  The good, the bad, and the horrible.  Some days I succeed, some days I don't.

It's another one of those things we just keep giving back to the Lord.

Love,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment