Friday, September 10, 2010

"I have written your name on my hand"

Isaiah 49:16
One part of "Safe in the Shepherd's Arms" (Lucado) that I read earlier this week spoke of how God knows us all by name.
When we see a flock of sheep they all look the same to us.  But the shepherd knows them each by name!  And the same is true of us and our Shepherd.  Think about the number of people on this earth, even how it looks when you see a crowd of people.

Yet God knows us each by name.

Do you like seeing your name on the degree you earned?  Even on the trophy you earned in high school or at a competition?  Not long ago I was going through some things in the attic and trying to get rid of some of it.  I came across trophies from my Talent's for Christ competitions, Band awards, and Teens involved.  I also came across commendations from my service in the Air Force.  I saw my name next to "Baghdad, Iraq."  (which seems so strange now!)  Those were all things I put back in the box to keep. My name is on them, it has helped define who I have become.  Those things that I did have meaning to me.

But my name is also on God's hand and is spoken by His lips!  WOW--that really defines who I am!
I am His child.  I really am.  1 John 3:1 says "The Father has loved us so much that we are called children of God.  And we really are his children."

I don't very often get to use Audrey's name.  But I love to see it, speak it, and hear it.  I also like to hear others say her name and ask about her.
And I can only imagine how much more God loves my name - I am His child.

Audrey's name is on her birth certificate, on her blanket, forever on my heart, often on Ella's lips, on her death certificate, her social security card, on medical claims...

... and finally on her grave.



We were glad to hear that it was placed today, the 4-month anniversary of Audrey meeting Jesus.

Till we meet. Till we meet. Till we meet at Jesus feet!
God be with you, till we meet again.

I think about that day constantly! When I am reunited with my daughter, it will be at Jesus' feet.
She already knows what that is like, and I cannot imagine it.  I can't wait.

Love,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. So happy Audrey's head stone finally arrived. The final detail commemorating her short life on earth is in place. It also reminds us of our forthcoming reunion with your Audrey, our Samuel, and all of our loved ones who have gone before us. Still praying for you. Love to you all
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful head stone for precious Audrey. I'm so glad it's finally here. I look forward to visiting her grave and seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete