Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Satan

Satan is desperate and will use whatever he can to get people to follow him.  Even believers.  And then he succeeds and is able to convince someone they are doing OK so he leaves them alone.  After all, if we feel OK then why would we need to change?

Is Satan leaving you alone?  If so, do you wonder why?


Mark 4:14-15 Says Satan comes and immediately takes away the Word of God that was just sown.  This verse is speaking of salvation, but it can also be applied to someone who is giving into Satan's lies...perhaps even a believer!
Sometimes I wonder how people can sit through messages and leave without giving the Word that was just spoken a second thought. Now I see why, Satan is powerful!

1 Peter 5:8 Satan is like a lion seeking whom he may devour.  What is he trying to bring into your life...temptation? Discouragement? Peace (not peace from God, but peace that you are fine as you are)?

Remember how Satan works:
Genesis 3:13 Deception
2 Corinthians 11:14 Disguised as a messenger of light
2 Thessalonians 2:9 Appears to be powerful, and lures the world to him (more deceiving)

We have the answers from God, His promises and His truths.  But I have found myself giving into Satan's stories lately.  And all that he tells me are lies.  He has had a great time using my grief to enhance what he wants in my life.  I have to constantly turn back to God and remember what He is telling me instead of what Satan is saying.  Satan may have power over me, but he will never be bigger than my God.

It is my choice in whom I put my trust.


Remember, they are both talking.  Who are you going to heed?

Love,
Becca

1 comment:

  1. He also twists God's word or adds to it. That is why it is important to memorize scripture so we know the truth.

    We all say how can there be so much evil in this world or how can somebody do something so terrible but we know Satan is always attacking and luring people, especially those who do not know Christ as their savior. Whenever I see something on the news or hear about someone doing something "terrible", I pray for them even when they have done the most despicable things. Sure, sometimes I get so upset about it but remember God did come to save us all and who's to say they cannot be forgiven as well? Of course I pray for myself and our family/friends that we don't fall victim to those lies and temptations and pray we are living for Christ each day.
    I don't know, many may disagree about me praying for those who in our eyes don't deserve forgiveness but could you imagine Christ not forgiving us for our sins? Even if we think they are not as "bad." We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God...

    I know we all have a choice who we will follow but we also know how easy it is to fall.
    (I hope you understand what I mean and I know I kind of took your post a little differently.)

    I'll keep praying for you. Love you =)

    ReplyDelete