Monday, February 21, 2011

The Misterslippi River Race

The Widder Magnolia, Big Toe, and that little orphan boy (for some reason I cannot remember his name!) who was a slave to the sly snake Moccasin and the Captain.  Remember this story from Patch the Pirate?
I do, it is one of my earliest memories of a child needing a family and Widder Magnolia (who realizes she is not a widow after all when Big Toe comes to his senses and they are reunited) and her husband Big Toe adopt him into their family.  And the bigger rejoicing is when this boy accepts Christ's gift of salvation and is adopted into the family of God!

Last August Chad and I began to talk about our desire to adopt.  We have always made the statement "That would be neat to do one day" but had never talked about it beyond that.  Once again, the talk in August did not seem to last and we continued on with our lives and this journey we were experiencing.  Looking back, I can see that the timing then was not good. God was still working on us as we walked the road He had for us at that time.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you."

Then in December we were thrilled to find out we were expecting another baby, but after only 6 weeks I miscarried and our dreams were again shattered.  It was then that we knew adopting was what we wanted to do, and more importantly where we felt the Lord was leading us.  We talked, read, and googled trying to find out more.  Finally we landed with a small adoption agency here in Murfreesboro and scheduled a consult.

And now, one month later, I can tell you again that we are expecting!

In another week or two we should receive our official word in writing that we are approved for adoption, and at that point we will begin the waiting.  We are excited about this opportunity of a lifetime and cannot wait to see how this process unfolds.  We will always miss Audrey, she is a part of who we are and nothing or nobody could ever replace that beautiful little girl.  It is because of her that we have chosen to walk this amazing road.  I know that my daughter is safe in the arms of Jesus and there will never be a day that I have to worry about her or her eternal future.  At the same time I have a heart overflowing with love for a little girl but she is not here to receive it. (Ella gets it all!!!)  We cannot take money or possessions with us when we leave this earth, but we very possibly could "take" another child with us if we are able to raise them to understand Jesus and the price He paid for us so we can live with Him forever.  Audrey is already there, and another child is here who needs love, a family, and Christ.

And one day soon that child will be in our arms.

We covet your prayers now and for the days to follow as we embark on this new and exciting journey called adoption.  We also do not know how this is going to work financially, but we know God is able to do more than we can ask or think.  So we are going to work like we have to make every penny, while we trust that only He can provide the needed finances.

We designed T-shirts, are doing a spirit night at Chick-Fil-A on Thursday, May 5, 2011, and are planning several events for Saturday, May 7, 2011.  Please see our adoption website for more information about all those events.

One more thing, THIS is why I am so excited about the piano students the Lord has brought my way. :)

Praising Him,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. I am way behind in emails, so I have not gotten back to you yet. But I am so, so excited for your family, and I will be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, YAY, YAY for another baby!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete