Friday, March 4, 2011

Are you Expecting God's Word to be True?

Recently I have heard several people talking about how God works. And when he gives you a trial and takes something from you that you love, He has a bigger blessing waiting for you.

I just spent a little while reading back through some of the posts that I wrote before and during the time Audrey was born, and it reminded me of several of the promises I was leaning on then.  I began to reflect back over the past year, searching my heart.

"I have found that when I am in a place that I don't want to be, that's where I grow."

  • Have I grown?  Have I allowed God to receive praise continually through the past year?
But I have to keep going back to His promises and remember that no matter how low I sink, "Underneath are The everlasting arms." Deut. 33:27
  • Through those days when I have started to sink, did I look back to this promise?  He is there to literally hold me up.
Standing on the Promises:
Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
  • I know some of the hard times have caused me to focus on my sufferings and things that don't seem to be going right, rather than His glory that will be revealed through me.  
I did not keep my focus exactly where it should have been through all the hard times, but look at the solid, secure, unalterable promises that God has written down for us!!!   What a good reminder of how important it is for us to have these promises forever in our hearts and mind.  Because I have to admit that my thoughts normally do not go first to God and His word.  They go to frustration, questioning, and sometimes anger.  Then after a while I remind myself I need to go to His Word.  And you know what? 

It always helps, and it changes ME and MY thinking!  


How wonderful it would be if I could train my mind to go directly to His Word every time!  

Well I sat down to share some other news and all this came out first.  But I began by saying that when God takes something it is usually because he has something bigger to give back to us.  If I had tried to understand this a year ago, it would not have been OK with me.  That is also why His perfect timing is best. 

But as of yesterday...

We have finished our Home Study and are now waiting for a placement!  
Better said, we are waiting for our child. :)

We still do not know God's timing for the rest of this process, it could be soon and it could be a year or two...even more.  But He knows and we trust that He has a child who will bless our family beyond our ability to comprehend.  

And until that time, we are also trusting Him to provide financially while we work as hard as we can to save, earn, and raise the funds needed.  We sincerely hope you will pray for us in this area, as well as help in any way you can.  We have created a separate blog with information about our Adoption fundraisers, and would love for you to check it out.  We are selling T-shirts, having a yard sale (if you are local), planning a motorcycle ride, and a Food Fellowship & Music night.  Please consider if any of these are ways you are interested in helping! 

Our T-shirts will be in within the week so I will post a picture of one as soon as I can!

Don't forget to Stand on His Promises today!
Love,
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment