Tuesday, May 31, 2011

While I'm Waiting

God has the best timing of us all!

Now that we see we can apply with American Adoptions, of course my thoughts go to the question of "Why couldn't we know this a month or two ago so all this paperwork could be done and we would already be active?"  I'm human, I want things to happen now, and no matter now much God proves Himself to be faithful during the waiting, I will always struggle with it.

A few weeks ago I heard the song, "While I'm Waiting" and the lyrics really spoke to me.

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord


More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/while_im_waiting_lyrics_john_waller.html
All about John Waller: http://www.musictory.com/music/John+Waller

God wanted me to focus on Him during that time, to worship Him regardless of what is or is not happening in my life.  Just like a year ago when He still wanted my worship, my trust, and my faithfulness even though we had to face the most difficult trial of our lives.

Remember, it's during the difficult days that we see Christ more clearly!  During the trials that we come to know Him in a deeper and more intimate way.  If it wasn't for my trials, I would never have the privilege of knowing Christ the way I do!

And so after my initial impatient thoughts, I began to think about the reason He did have us wait.  We had a lot of plans for our Fundraisers during the first weekend of May, as well as Chad spending the entire Month of may with no days off.  Perhaps He wanted us to show our willingness to work before He provided in a way that only He can.

I also thought about the difficulty of Audrey's 1-year anniversaries.  Although we have come a long way in our grieving process, those anniversaries (especially the first) can be tough.

And the other reason I turned my timing back over to Him was because He has a baby meant for our family. And the timing of when our profile becomes active and when the birth parents begin to search for a family can only be orchestrated by God Himself!

So I want you to know what I have learned, again, about waiting on the Lord.  Because His timing, His will, and His way is always best!

I will worship while I'm waiting!
Becca

1 comment:

  1. I really like that song too! God used it to help us with our waiting as well. We learn a lot while we are waiting, don't we?! Remember the waiting will be worth it!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete